Solidarity Strategies is seeking a hard worker, highly organized, and motivated undergraduate or graduate student to join its spring fellowship. Solidarity Strategies is a multi-service consulting firm that works for candidates, independent expenditures, PACs, and nonprofit organizations. Our firm is Latino-owned and operates with our office being in Washington, D.C. As a proud certified MBE minority-owned business vendor and 8(a) certified small business, we value diversity of ideas, backgrounds, and those values are portrayed in our team that comes from diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Our fellows can expect a high level of responsibility and mentorship. We are looking for hard-working candidates committed to help the Latino community, with at least some campaign experience. Someone who is willing to learn and grow, is detail orientated, with an interest and knowledge of American politics. Candidates must be team players, self-starters, and demonstrate academic excellence and ambition. The internship will offer a structured experience working one-on one with senior staff. Interns will learn how to analyze key political issues and articulate communication solutions to the pressing problems of the day.
Applicants should show commitment to progressive politics, as well as having an understanding of the electoral system and political landscape. Since the firm specializes in translations, applicants must be proficient in speaking, writing, and reading in both Spanish and English. We will review applications and material from candidates with both part-time and full time availability, with a preference of someone who can be in the office full time. Our fellowship also comes with the opportunity of networking at after-work events.
· Support in all Solidarity Strategies activities and events
· Research candidates, races, organizations, and potential clients
· Assist with campaign budget and plans
· Help coordinate political activities in different states
· Assist Senior staff with preparation for meetings and events
· Attend trainings, meetings and events on behalf of Solidarity Strategies or its clients
· Update databases
· Develop case studies
· Translate documents
· Strong research skills
· Ability to work independently
· Time management skills
· Knowledgeable on Microsoft Office, PPT, Excel, Google Drive
· Active in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
· Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
· Ability to network
· Strong attention to detail
· Travel subsidy for metro/ work travel
· Networking opportunities